January 9 Live Webcast: 'Soul Retrieval as a Lifetime Practice'
From January 2015 through January 2016, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is offering a free, yearlong Internet course on the topic of Soul Retrieval. The course includes everything from free monthly live webcasts to a discussion forum, recorded webcasts, MP3 audio recordings, and downloadable print materials. It is based on Rinpoche's newly released book The True Source of Healing: How the Ancient Tibetan Practice of Soul Retrieval Can Transform and Enrich Your Life (Hay House, July 2015).
All course offerings are free and open to all! You must register separately for each live webcast event, as well as for the yearlong course with its full support materials.
Saturday, January 9, 2016, 3–4:30 p.m. Eastern Time U.S. (New York time)
FREE LIVE WEBCAST
Soul Retrieval as a Lifetime Practice
Soul retrieval is more than a one-time event. In this concluding webcast of his free yearlong course, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche explains how you can maintain the practices of soul retrieval daily for life as a way to continually nourish your inner being and restore your soul. He guides a meditation practice and answers questions from the Internet audience. Open to all (viewing Parts 1 through 11 is not required). Learn more about the course below.
Real-time translation will be offered in as many as 12 languages. You can access these translations here.
About The Course
These practices of Soul Retrieval can help you tap into the ultimate source of healing. Done daily through the entire year of this course, they have the potential to transform your life. They can help you to:
- Avoid losing your vitality when faced with difficult life challenges.
- Revitalize your personal life, family life and professional life.
- Recognize powerful internal and external sources of healing.
- Experience healing on all levels—physically, energetically, psychologically and spiritually.
- Come home to your inherently joyful and creative nature.
- Bring increased happiness and well-being to others.
- Progress on the path to higher liberation.
The practices in this course draw from the ancient Tibetan Bon Buddhist teachings of Soul Retrieval. They omit traditional soul-retrieval ceremonies and rituals and focus, instead, on the most essential elements of the core teachings.
How to Participate
To take part in the free live webcasts, simply join us from your home computer or other device, or at one of Ligmincha’s participating practice groups or centers worldwide. Each webcast is free and open to all and requires no prerequisite. However, to make the most of this course and its truly life-transforming potential, students are encouraged to view all 12 live webcast events throughout the year, and/or the recordings of those webcasts at the course site; and to put what they learn into practice daily between sessions. A chat screen on the broadcast page enables asking questions of Rinpoche or the webcast administrator during the webcast. Real-time translation is offered in multiple languages. Access these translations here.
Questions? See the Webcast FAQ page
To participate in the full yearlong course with its discussion forum and full support materials, register at Ligmincha Learning. For added support, monthly group webcast viewings, as well as regularly scheduled group meditation practices based these teachings, will be available in many locations worldwide. Contact your nearest local center or sangha to inquire about any group screenings or guided meditations they may be hosting related to this True Source of Healing course. If there is no group available in your area and you are interested in starting one informally, email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest and learn more. Guidelines for starting a practice group
Each live webcast is scheduled for the second Saturday of each month in 2015 with the exception of August (third Saturday). Each webcast will take place from 3-4:30 p.m., except the full-day webcasts as noted below. Within a few days after each live webcast, the recorded webcast will be posted at the Ligmincha Learning course site. All times shown are Eastern Time U.S. (New York time).
View printable PDF of schedule
• Jan. 10, 2015, FULL-DAY LIVE WEBCAST—Reconnecting with Your Joyful Essence: An Introduction to the Tibetan Practice of Soul Retrieval. Recorded webcasts: Session 1 teaching / Session 2 guided meditation / Session 3 teaching / Session 4 guided meditation
• March 14, 2015, 3–4:30 p.m.—The Five Natural Elements: Finding a Healthy Balance. View recorded webcast
• April 11, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—Discovering the Deepest Needs of Your Soul. View recorded webcast
• May 9, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—Communing with Nature to Nourish Your Soul. View recorded webcast
• June 13, 2015, FULL-DAY LIVE WEBCAST—The True Source of Healing: Your Own Inner Refuge. Recorded webcasts: Session 1 / Session 2 / Session 3 / Session 4
• July 11, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—Tapping Into Relationships to Nourish Your Soul. View recorded webcast
• Aug. 15, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—Overcoming Loneliness: Finding the Friend Within. View recorded webcast
• Sept. 12, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—Nourishing Your Inner Being: The Heart of Soul Retrieval. View recorded webcast
• Oct. 10, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—Nourishing Your Inner Being: Questions and Answers. View recorded webcast
• Nov. 14, 2015, 3-4:30 p.m.—The Power of Warmth: Physical Healing Through Meditation. View recorded webcast
• Dec. 12, 2015, FULL-DAY LIVE WEBCAST*—Healing from the Source: Cutting the Root of Your Pain. Recorded webcast—full playlist
• Jan. 9, 2016, 3-4:30 p.m.—Soul Retrieval as a Lifetime Practice. View recorded webcast
*Schedule for the full-day live webcast on Dec. 12:
9:00–10:30 a.m.: Teaching with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: Guided Practice with senior teacher
1:15–2:45 p.m.: Teaching with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
3:30–4:30 p.m.: Guided Practice with senior teacher
Register now for the Saturday, January 9, webcast.
Register separately for the yearlong Internet course, including full support materials, at www.ligminchalearning.com.
Order the book on which this course is based.
About Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, founder and spiritual director of Ligmincha Institute, is an acclaimed author as well as a highly respected and beloved teacher to students throughout the world. He is the author of The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep; Tibetan Sound Healing; Wonders of the Natural Mind; Healing With Form, Energy and Light: The Five Elements in Tibetan Shamanism, Tantra, and Dzogchen; Unbounded Wholeness (with Anne Carolyn Klein); Awakening the Sacred Body; Tibetan Yogas of Body, Speech and Mind; Awakening the Luminous Mind; and The True Source of Healing: How the Ancient Tibetan Practice of Soul Retrieval Can Transform and Enrich Your Life (Hay House, July 2015—order now).