The next GlideWing online workshop, “Healing from the Source: Meditation as Medicine for Mind and Body” will be held June 29–July 21, 2019. Learn and practice from your own home, at your own schedule, with personal guidance from Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.
The focus is on cultivating loving-kindness as a means for preventing and healing both physical and emotional pain. Based on ancient teachings of dzogchen from the Tibetan Bön Buddhist tradition, the workshop helps one discover the «great healer within.» The core teachings of dzogchen introduce us to the nature of mind, to our own inner refuge, the true source of healing.
As Rinpoche explains, everyone has access to this source through the “three doors” of body, speech and mind. He describes stillness of the body, silence of speech and spaciousness of the mind as the “three precious pills”—a powerful medicine you can take at any time, with no side effects, to help divert you from your self-punishing tendencies, clear pain and negativity, cultivate awareness and ultimately access the healing qualities that spontaneously arise in that space.
Online Workshop Features:
- Three weeks of personal guidance and support provided by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, as you work with the practices.
- Instruction via Internet-based video.
- No set class times; instructional videos remain available throughout the course.
- Practice in the comfort of your home, on your own schedule.
- Easy-to-use course site.
- All you need is a broadband Internet connection, such as DSL or cable.