Serenity Ridge offers a residency program for those wanting to deepen their practice through living in community at the center and engaging in service as spiritual practice. Generally, residents live at Serenity Ridge for 30–180 days, and work 10–20 hours per week. Those who work 20 hours per week are provided room and board, and all residents may attend Ligmincha retreats at the center during the time of their residency at no cost.
AS A PART OF THE RESIDENCY PROGRAM, WE PROVIDE:
The benefits of the program to the Resident generally consist of the following:
- Opportunity for service to Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, Serenity Ridge Retreat Center, and our community of practitioners
- A safe and supportive space and community for spiritual practice
- Dedicated time for daily practice
- Opportunity for support from Lamas and Senior Instructors (seasonally available)
- Free participation in at Serenity Ridge hosted retreats that do not have unmet prerequisites
- Use of sacred spaces for meditation when not in use by programs: the gompa (main meditation hall) and Garuda House shrine room
- Access to nature trails
- Onsite housing
- 20 percent discount at the bookstore
- Meals provided during retreats
All residents are required to have prior experience with the teachings of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and the Bön tradition. The residency program is only available to those who have previously attended a retreat at Serenity Ridge or elsewhere with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.
For more information about Serenity Ridge’s Residency Program, click here.
If you have questions about this program, please contact the Serenity Ridge office.
Many thanks for your interest and we hope to have you come stay with us soon!
A limited number of Residency Program positions are available at Serenity Ridge Retreat Center, founded by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and headquarters of Ligmincha International. To apply, use the updated online form below.
The program offers individuals a chance to deepen their practice while providing service 20, 15 or 10 hours per week for Serenity Ridge Retreat Center. Service is in the areas of kitchen support, office, housekeeping, grounds or light maintenance.
These positions offer a range of benefits, including:
- Opportunity for service to Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, Serenity Ridge Retreat Center and the Bön tradition.
- A safe and supportive community for spiritual practice.
- Twice daily self-guided practice sessions.
- Twice weekly guided practice sessions with Resident Lama (when available) or senior student.
- Group viewing of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s live Facebook webcasts, YouTube videos, etc.
- Free participation in all Ligmincha retreats at Serenity Ridge (that do not have unmet prerequisites).
- Twice monthly personal instruction and guidance from Resident Lama (when available).
- Housing in bunk rooms.
- Three vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free meals daily.
- 20 percent discount at the bookstore.
- Use of dormitory laundry machines.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Serenity Ridge office.