One of the greatest strengths of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s ongoing program of free Internet teachings is the cyber sangha — the close-knit community of individuals around the world who regularly follow Rinpoche’s teachings and guided meditations and share mutual support. As a resource for this lively and growing community, with the help of volunteers Rinpoche has now launched a new website, CyberSangha.net.
At CyberSangha.net you will find:
- The latest schedule of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s free Facebook Live broadcasts. These include not only teachings and guided practices, but also interfaith dialogues, conversations between scientific and spiritual leaders, Tibetan poetry readings, and glimpses of Rinpoche’s life and travels.
- A trove of recorded live broadcasts going back 10 years to Rinpoche’s very first live webcasts, now searchable by keyword and category.
- Tips for viewing. All of Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s Facebook Live broadcasts are free of charge. You don’t need a Facebook account to view them.
- Opportunities for connecting with fellow students as you follow the online teachings.
- Translations in multiple languages. The new website gives access to both recorded and simultaneous live translations of Rinpoche’s broadcasts. Also, click on “translate” atop any page to automatically translate the website text to the language of your choice. (The Google Translate tool isn’t perfect, but it can help you find what you’re looking for.)
This Thursday: ‘Opening Your Heart with Gratitude’
Today also marks the launch of CyberSangha®, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche’s ongoing program of free live broadcasts and other social media activities. This Thursday, October 24, at 1 p.m. New York time, Rinpoche will offer the first of a new series of eight CyberSangha broadcasts on Cultivating a Sacred Relationship with Nature. The topic of this teaching and guided meditation is “Opening Your Heart with Gratitude.”
Watch introductory video
The Meaning of ‘CyberSangha’
Buddhism speaks of three jewels: the Buddha; the dharma, or Buddhist teachings; and the sangha – the community of meditation practitioners who follow the teachings and put them into practice. “CyberSangha” specifically refers to the international community of individuals who are following Rinpoche’s free Facebook Live teachings and guided meditations and are seeking nourishment from the mutual support of others.